Gas leaks

The reason we take gas leaks seriously is due to the potential damage they can cause. Ranging from fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.  If you suspect a leak in your home, act fast and leave nothing up to chance. First things first, isolate the gas at your meter. Once that is done, go inside and switch off ALL gas appliances. Follow up by contacting a licensed Gas Fitter such as Hall Plumbing; one of our competent employees will promptly identify and solve the issue.

But how does one know if there is a gas leak?

You may notice the smell of gas around particular appliances or areas of the house. Or perhaps you have the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning which may include:

  • Dull headaches
  • Weakness
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Shortness of breath
  • Confusion
  • Blurred vision
  • Loss of consciousness

If you think you or someone you’re with may have carbon monoxide poisoning, get into fresh air and seek emergency medical care.

Remember, whenever in doubt about gas leaks, call the professionals on 8342 5600.

 

 

 

References

  • Staff, M.C. (2015) ‘Carbon monoxide poisoning definition’, Mayoclinic, .